Install Pixel Using Google Tag Manager
There are two options to install a pixel via Google Tag Manager (GTM).
- Automatic Installation: Recommended for most advertisers, you can follow the instructions below.
- Manual Installation: Please follow the directions here.
Install the pixel using the automated installation:
Before you begin
- You will need to create a Google Tag Manager account.
- The Google Tag Manager container will need to be installed in your website or mobile app. For instructions on how to do this, please review Setup and install Tag Manager prior to installing the TikTok pixel.
- Navigate to the installation tool here.
- Please enter your email and domain name.
- Select Install Pixel code with Google Tag Manager and click Next.
- Select Connect to a Google account and input your credentials to select your Google Tag Manager account, container and workspace, then click Next.Note: If you want to switch to a different Google account, click Use another Google account.
- Once you've successfully connected your Google Tag Manager, your account manager will let you know when your predictions are ready to be used.
In order to successfully use Google Tag Manager for quick pixel installation, please keep in mind the following 3 points:
- Make sure accounts, containers, and workspaces all exist under your Google Tag Manager account.
- Make sure the website you want to track has the Google Tag Manager container installed.
- Authorization is required to use Google Tag Manager for pixel installation.